Followers

Monday 15 June 2009

It never rains... but it gallstones !

Oh my giddy aunt. ! thats all I can say...
Weekend... DIFFERENT !!!!
Up until Sat 2pm fabulous... wonderful place, friends, company and food... obviously crafting as well.. we was all having such a brill time... apart from one, well, theres ALWAYS one !!! and this time.. it was our Debs.. bless her.
She not been right all weekend.. but Saturday the poor lass was in agony... (please use side bar for Jaks blog to read all about it) ! ... Debs was basically rushed to Emergency... with me in tow.. The ride in the ambulance is not recommended for someone with a chronic bad back !!! .. Debs was ok.. she totally out of it on morphine. I so wanted to try some too, as needed it by time I crawled out of the ambulance. !
She spent rest of day, and Sunday and half of Monday, being prodded, poked and un speakable things being done to her... To cut a long story short the poor girl has an inflammed pancreas (sp), and an inflammed gallbladder with gall stones, well we always said she had lost her marbles, now we found them..... lol...
The paramedics were fabulous, we even found a like minded one in Steph, being a crafter like the rest of us. ! lol...
I must have found the only taxi driver in the country that didnt have a blooming clue where he was going, after spending the best part of an hour going round and round in circles trying to get me back to the cottages where we were staying.. in the end, we by chance, come across the pub all the girls where having their meal in.... I felt like traffic police at that point "STOP"... says I ... having negociated. I would not do a bunk without paying if he didnt do a bunk and leave me stranded... lol... found the girls, paid the taxi driver (this being established AFTER I had got into the back of the car....) !!!!! ... and went back to the pub.. to be greeeted with... one bottle of wine and a glass the size of a gold fish bowl that Kim had bought for me... bless you Kim I LOVE YOU, lol... (no more back and forth to the fridge from now on). hehehe.
Thank you Toni and Sonia for putting me up at yours even if I did have to sleep with a blooming stuffed magpie.. which I didnt see last night, due to being slightly worse for wear hehe.... but did this morning after young Josh come to make sure I awake !!!! scared the poop out of me to say the least, the Magpie that is not Josh. ! ...
Debs is now home safe and sound.. awaiting gallbladder removal...
I had to then drive though the most horrendous weather I have ever experienced, hailstones the size of golf balls, torrential rain, flooding on the motorways and crawling along at 25 - 30 mile an hour...
however.... it is certainly a weekend I wont forget in a hurry.
Debs hun, hope you get sorted now....
Toni, love you hun... thank you
and to all the rest thank you for being such good friends and helping both Debs and myself out.
Im now on my 2nd glass of wine, due to the fact I too tired to get stuff and fishbowl out of the car...
love and hugs
xx

3 comments:

Toni said...

ooops I know she asked about the posters but forgot about the ruddy bird its in her room as I wont have it anywhere else in the house I hate the ruddy thing scares the heck out of me lol
glad you home hun

Toni xx

Debs said...

And I couldn`t have done any of it without you by my side.
I`ll forever be indebted to you, and to Toni for helping you stay with me xx

Debbie said...

Hi Jackie. I arrived at your blog via Jaks. I'd been reading the events of your weekend and wondered about your friend. I had a similar episode about 12 years ago. The pain is awful. I had my gall bladder removed and haven't looked back. The stones in mine were the size of marbles and there were 32 of them. Kept them in a jar. (Wondering if they'd make a good necklace) Ha Ha. I found a low fat diet and some very good friends were a great help. Send Deb my best wishes. Debbie M.